Friday 12 February 2010

RIP Alexander (Lee) McQueen

RIP



The fashion world is in mourning as it loses one of its greatest, most outrageous and not to forget British, creative geniuses!


Taking his own life aged 40, following the death of his mother just days ago, it is to be believed he hanged/hung himself.

When I heard the news (bored at work yesterday I received a text from my fashionista friend informing me) I felt sick. Not least because he is one of my favourite designers, along with Viv Westwood (it is all about the British), but because of the way he died. It is just so sad! Yes, his mother had just died and 3 years previous his good friend Isabella Blow (who discovered him) took her own life (she drank Weed killer!!), which apparently caused him to suffer from depression but he had everything going for him... not to mention his unveiling of his new collection at Paris Fashion week in a month (how much will that be worth now eh??!). However, saying this, anybody who has suffered with any form of depression will know that it doesn't matter how much fame, money or love you have, sometimes enough is enough!

There is something about the creative mind.

Anyway, today I am celebrating all things Alexander McQueen by wearing a lovely black and white, check, ruffle shirt of his (well not his, you not what I mean!). I am also thinking I will finally get the Skull and Cross bone tattoo I have been toying with for years (it has always taken a back seat to all things girly i.e. Butterflies and Roses!). This could be the perfect time to get it and forever I shall remember the man who not only inspires me but also my lady of the moment, la Gaga!! Check out the Bad Romance vid... I watched it about 1000 times when it was released!!


See the pics below... the shoes! The Shoes!!




Love x

No comments:

Post a Comment