Tuesday 16 March 2010

Alice in Boredomland...?


Ok, so I actually saw Alice in Wonderland over a week ago but have only just got round to speaking of said film.  Perhaps I have been in denial!

I didn't end up watching it in 3D, although we had pre booked we couldnt get to the cinema on time. This was due to ridiculous Alice traffic (not road works!).

Anyway, I was quite pleased as I am not really a fan of 3D (call me what you like, I call it traditional!).  We made the mistake of going to a day time showing... children everywhere (the horror!) and mess! Luckily they actually shut up for the film!

To cut to the point, I was dissapointed!  I thought Alice was insipid and wet, rather like the plot if I am honest.  I know that it is Disney etc etc but I think if it had been perhaps a 12 or 15 rating then Tim could have taken it to much darker levels! 

I thought Helena B C was great as the Red Queen and I actually really enjoyed Anne Hathaway as the White Queen.  She looked amazing too!

As for my dear Johnny, well, as much as it pains me to say this, I think his character could have been a lot better!  It reminded me of when he played Willy Wonka, I just did not like it, something just wasnt there/right (delete as applicable). 

I actually found myself getting bored and when it came to the battle seen at the end with Alice wearing some hideous Armour costume (my eyes, my eyes!) it was just too blah!  The worst bit (I actaully think a little bit of vomit came into my mouth) was when the Mad Hatter did his 'Futter-wacking' dance!! It was AWFUL!! Johnny if you are reading this please do something sexy and manly, quick! For I cannot look at you like I used to...

I must say though, that parts were quite funny and I did chuckle to myself rather a lot! I loved the Cheshire Cat! And the dog!

Perhaps it is better in 3D.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment